100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe – It’s a very nutritious bread made of whole wheat flour, unbleached. It’s a hearty loaf that’s perfect with any food at any time of the day. It’s easy to make using your bread maker. Certain bread machines have an entire wheat setting and you should definitely make use of that setting if you are able to.
If not, choose the standard white bread setting, and you’ll get great results, but the rise might not be as strong.
The major difference between a full wheat setting and the basic white setting is the time it takes to rise. A whole wheat setting will have an extended rise. It’s since whole wheat loaf contains lesser gluten and is less prone to bloating than the all-purpose, or bread flour, which contains the highest levels of gluten.
This recipe requires the addition of what’s known as “vital gluten.” It is added separately to make up for the absence of gluten present in whole wheat flour, but it’s an alternative. The bread won’t rise as impressive, but the taste from the loaf will be delicious.
- 1 1/4 cups water (110deg F./43deg C.)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon essential wheat gluten for higher rise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast from a bread machine (or active dry yeast)
- Place all the ingredients in the bread pan according to the order in which they are listed. Then set the machine to the wheat bread setting and basic white bread if the machine doesn’t have an option for wheat bread. Set the program for a 1.5-pound loaf with medium crust. Press Start.
- Take the bread out of the machine after it’s finished and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy.
Full bread maker machines recipes Click Here!