Almond Cake Bread Recipe
The almond bread can be described as a cake or batter bread that acquires its almond taste from almond paste as well as the topping of almonds sliced. As with all cakes, the dough has the appearance of pancake batter instead of the traditional dough ball. It’s because baking soda is used instead of yeast.
Since there isn’t any yeast, the batter will not rise prior to baking, unlike the yeast bread dough that will double in size when rising. It is possible to make this recipe from beginning to end when there is a cake setting on your bread maker or your machine to combine, mix, and blend the batter before baking it with baking in a bread pan that has been greased.
If you’re planning on baking with baking, you must make use of a pizza dough or pasta dough setting. They do not have a rise process that follows the kneading and kneading cycles batter bread doesn’t have to rise prior to baking. It will rise in the oven at the end of baking process. When the batter is done, finish it off with almonds, in the machine or within the bread pan.
- One cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1-ounce (7-ounce) package of almond paste
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup of almonds that have been sliced
- Incorporate the ingredients into the bread pan according to the order shown but leave the almonds in the pan to be added later during the kneading process after the sound of fruits or nuts. If your bread machine comes with an hopper for nuts and fruit, put the almonds in the hopper.
- Choose one of the settings for cake to make 1 pound of bread. If your bread maker does not come with the cake bread setting make sure you mix and knead the batter using the pizza or pasta dough setting.
- If you only have the dough setting and a batter, pour it out into a bread pan that has been buttered after the kneading phase but prior to the rising cycle. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Bake for between 45 and 50 minutes.
- Conduct the test by placing it in the middle using an skewer or knife, and if the test is still wet return to the oven. You can add another an additional 10 minutes baking. Once baked, allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving. cut and serve.