Table of contents
- Best 3 Cup Rice Cookers: Top 3 Recommendations
- Things To Consider Before Buying 3 Cup Rice Cooker – Buying Guide
- Best 3 Cup Rice Cookers – Top Pics For 2021
- Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked)
- Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- Tiger JNP-S55U-HU 3-Cup
- Panasonic SR-G06FGL, 3-Cup
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked)
- Cuckoo CR-0351F Electric Heating Rice Cooker (Red)
- People Also Ask
A 3-cup rice cooker is a great option for smaller families, singles, or people who are just starting on their own. They are affordable, simple to use, and don’t take too much room.
They make fluffy rice quite easily and can keep it warm for hours – that’s why many people absolutely love these rice cookers.
But, finding one that fits your needs can be difficult if you’ve never used one before. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best 3 cup rice cookers on the market today!
Each one is unique in its own way, but all of them are high-quality products that will suit your needs. So read on to find out which one will suit you the most!
But first, let’s find out what you should know before buying one.
Best 3 Cup Rice Cookers: Top 3 Recommendations
|Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker, White (-WB)||$49.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer...||$19.79||Buy on Amazon|
Things To Consider Before Buying 3 Cup Rice Cooker – Buying Guide
Ease Of Use
First, you should check how easy it’s to operate your 3 cup rice cooker. You shouldn’t have to use your finger to test the temperature or keep pushing buttons until you figure it out.
The best ones are the simplest, so make sure your machine is easy to use before you buy. The cooker should do the job by itself!
Some rice cookers come with a few different functions, which can really help you out in the kitchen. It’s always nice to have options! Some let you keep the rice warm after it’s finished cooking, for example.
Others can also steam veggies or eggs for you, and some can even make porridge. It depends on your needs, but a versatile cooker will certainly come in handy.
Some machines come with specific functions for different kinds of rice, like sushi rice or brown rice. This is great if you use that type of rice often since it will be easier to prepare it.
The machine also needs to have an option to adjust cook time and heat level, because not all kinds of rice need the same amount of time or heat. Others can steam vegetables at the same time as they’re cooking the rice (and I highly recommend this).
A measuring cup and serving spatula should always come with the rice cooker. But some also include a steamer tray or even a foam/steam separator. The more accessories you get, the better.
Easy To Clean
Many people hate to spend a lot of time cleaning kitchen appliances.
If you are one of them, you should look for a rice cooker that’s easy to clean, and preferably dishwasher safe so you can just put it in right away. Nonstick inner pots and surfaces are great for cleaning, so look out for this.
This depends on what you are looking for. You don’t want to spend more than you need to, but it’s also good to remember that cheap appliances are often low-quality.
If it breaks after a few months, then you’re not really saving any money at all. So try to find one that’s durable and won’t be too expensive.
Best 3 Cup Rice Cookers – Top Pics For 2021
- 3-Cup Capacity - Prepare anywhere from 1 to 3 cups of cooked rice, great for small or large meals, and for leftovers. ETL Listed
- Automatic Keep Warm - The rice stays ready for serving! The rice cooker automatically switches to the “keep warm” function after cooking is complete.
- Nonstick Rice Pot - The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup. Dimensions are 8 x 8 x 6 inches
- Food Steaming Basket - The included food steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more. Measuring Cup and Spoon Included - The measuring cup makes it easy to cook the perfect amount of rice, and the plastic serving spoon prevents accidental scratches to the nonstick rice pot. Note: use only the rice cup to measure rice, never a true cup.
- Volts: 120V. Wattage- 200W
This rice cooker is perfect for people who have little space or want to control their portions. It cooks perfectly cooked rice every time, and the removable nonstick bowl makes it easy to clean.
It’s easy to make 1 to 3 cups of food. Simply push the power button after adding the desired amount of water and uncooked rice into the cooker’s bowl. Then, turn on the “cook/warm” button. You can expect perfectly cooked food every time!
BLACK+DECKER Uncooked Rice Cooker – Key Features
- 3-cup capacity – this small rice cooker can cook anywhere from one to three cups.
- ‘Keep Warm’ feature – after cooking is completed, the rice cooker switches to “keep warm” mode
- Nonstick Pot – can be easily removed for dishwasher use
- Accessories – a measuring cup and plastic spoon are included
- Dishwasher safe – the rice pot, the tempered glass lid, and all plastic accessories can all be washed in the dishwasher
BLACK+DECKER Uncooked Rice Cooker – Pros and Cons
|The pot is nonstick and dishwasher safe||Complaints about its durability|
|Food stays warm for hours|
|You can cook rice without oil or butter|
|Perfect for singles or couples|
Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked)
The Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked) is perfect for all types of rice, vegetables, and meat. It comes with a tempered glass lid with a steam vent to make cooking easy.
- Perfectly prepares 2 to 6 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- Steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below
- Simple, one-touch operation with automatic keep-warm
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili and so much more
- Includes full-view tempered glass lid, steam tray, rice measuring cup and serving spatula
You can cook up to six cups in this rice cooker at one time, which makes it perfect for loading up your dish with everything you love!
Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked) – Key Features
- One-touch – simple, one-touch function to cook your favorite dishes
- Steamer– cook rice, or steam meat and vegetables at the same time
- Full view lid – lets you monitor the cooking process
- Automatic Keep-Warm function – keep food fresh and warm for hours without overcooking it
Aroma Housewares 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup Uncooked) – Pros and Cons
|It’s a great price for a professional looking rice cooker||Excess steam comes out of the lid while cooking|
|It’s easy to clean and to use|
|It cooks vegetables and meat too (steams them)|
Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
This rice cooker is great for small households and students. It creates perfect cooked rice, one healthy serving at a time.
- Easy-to-use single switch control
- See-through glass lid with stay cool knob
- Stay cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes with a plastic measuring cup. This cup has a capacity of 6-ounces, or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The capacity of the rice cooker is counted in these 6-ounce cups of uncooked short grain white rice. One 6-ounce cup of raw rice makes about 2 to 3, 6-ounce cups of cooked rice
The Zojirushi rice cooker will make cooking quick and simple with easy-to-use single switch control.
The see-through glass lid lets you know when your food is done, and the stay-cool knob allows for easy moving and serving, keeping your hands safe from burns.
Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker – Key Features
- Safe – stay-cool knob during cooking
- 3-cup capacity – makes one to three cups of cooked rice
- Tempered see-through glass lid with steam vent
- Quality made stainless steel steaming tray for healthy cooking
- Non-stick coating inside cooking pan
Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker – Pros and Cons
|It’s simple to use without any complicated instructions||Not as durable as other models – complaints about the quality|
|Great for college students, singles, or couples who don’t need a lot of rice|
|Easy and quick to use and clean|
Tiger JNP-S55U-HU 3-Cup
The Tiger rice cooker comes in a 3-cup capacity and includes all the necessities, including a retractable power cord and handy keep-warm function.
- Keep-warm function up to 12 hours
- Non-stick inner pan
- Retractable power cord
- Spatula and rice measuring cup includes
- Removable and washable steam vent
The non-stick pan is removable and washable, which is always a huge plus.
Cook your rice quickly in this compact appliance with up to 12 hours of keep-warm time, then go to bed at night without worrying about burnt or overcooked meals when you wake.
Tiger JNP-S55U-HU 3-Cup Review – Key Features
- Non-stick pan for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Comes with a retractable power cord to store away easily
- Keep-warm function – lets you keep cooked rice warm without over-cooking
- Accessories included – spatula and measuring cup
- Safe handling – lid comes with a protective handle
Tiger JNP-S55U-HU 3-Cup Review – Pros and Cons
|The retractable cord is a great feature that ensures the cooker won’t get in your way when not in use||Water steam can sometimes leak from the bottom of the device|
|Small, compact size|
|Nonstick pan is removable and washable|
|Keeps your food warm for up to 12 hours|
Panasonic SR-G06FGL, 3-Cup
A stylish and modern kitchen appliance, the Panasonic SR-G06FGL has a simple one-step operation that allows food to be cooked effortlessly.
- Makes 6 cups of freshly cooked rice and other foods: this Panasonic rice cooker prepares up to 3 cups of uncooked rice (6 cups cooked); use with white, brown, yellow, short or long grain rice and other foods including oatmeal, soups and vegetables
- One step automatic cooking: simple, one step operation with the push of a button; Includes automatic shutoff function when cooking is complete
- Durable non stick coated aluminum pan: The resilient, non stick aluminum coated inner pan is designed to withstand years of continual heat and use, and is easy to clean
- Glass lid with plastic white knob: A tempered see through glass lid with plastic knob lets you safely monitor cooking
- Included accessories: A measuring cup and rice scoop are included for easy cooking and serving
Accompanied with a glass lid and white plastic knob for safe monitoring of cooking, this rice cooker can make up to six cups of uncooked rice or an entire pot of oatmeal.
With included accessories such as a measuring cup and rice scoop, this rice cooker purchase will not disappoint!
Panasonic SR-G06FGL, 3-Cup – Key Features
- Makes up to 6 cups of freshly cooked rice and other foods (veg & soup)
- One-step automatic cooking with push-button for convenience
- Durable nonstick coated aluminum pan for easy cleaning and use
- Glass lid to safely monitor the cooking process
- Included accessories – rice scoop and measuring cup.
Panasonic SR-G06FGL, 3-Cup – Pros and Cons
|Stylish design that looks great on any countertop||There have been complaints about the cooker being too hot to touch when in use|
|Convenient one-step automatic cooking|
|Can make 3 cups of uncooked rice or an entire pot of oatmeal|
|Durable nonstick coating makes it easy to clean the pan after use|
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked)
The Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup has a fuzzy logic microcomputer that monitors the rice as it cooks to prevent overcooking. With different menu control options, you can cook white or brown rice, sushi or porridge.
- 1-year limited warranty and 3-Cup rice cooker with micro-computerized fuzzy logic technology
- Measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula, and spatula holder included
- Keep-warm function; LCD display with timer; nonstick inner cooking pan
- Menu selections include white, sushi, porridge, brown, and quick cooking
- Holds 3 6oz cups of rice
The keep-warm function will keep your ingredients warm without cooking them, and the timer will alert you when time’s up!
You’ll also receive a measuring cup and spatula for added convenience. There is also a 1-year warranty for extra protection, which not every model offers.
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked) – Key Features
- A fuzzy logic microcomputer that prevents overcooking
- Menu options for white and brown rice, sushi, and porridge
- Keep warm function to keep ingredients warm without cooking them
- Timer alerts you when time’s up
- Includes measuring cup and spatula for added convenience
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked) – Pros and Cons
|Easy to use||Complaints about receiving a faulty product with manufacturing issues|
|Menu control options offer different types of dishes that can be made|
|Fuzzy logic microcomputer – cook the rice well without overcooking it or burning it|
|Timer that lets you know how much time is left before the cooker turns off|
Cuckoo CR-0351F Electric Heating Rice Cooker (Red)
The Zojirushi NS-LAC05XA Micom 3-Cup is a powerful red rice cooker that includes an intelligent cooking algorithm and fuzzy logic.
- Electric Rice Cooker (AC120V / 60hz)
- 3 Cups Uncooked (1.5 Liters / 1.6 Quarts)
- Non-Stick Coating Inner Pot. It provides turbo-cooking feature (12 mins) and reheating functions
- Fuzzy Logic & Intelligent Cooking Algorithm
With the 12-minute turbo cook feature, this device is fast enough to provide your family with an easy nutritious meal from anywhere in your house. The nonstick coating ensures you won’t have to spend hours scrubbing the pan (you are gonna love this!).
With 6 different menu options (rice, oatmeal, porridge, steam), you can cook a variety of meals exactly the way you like them.
Cuckoo CR-0351F Electric Heating Rice Cooker (Red) – Key Features
- Intelligent cooking algorithm and fuzzy logic for a healthy meal
- 12-minute turbo cook feature allows you to cook a dish quickly
- Nonstick coating is easy to clean and prevents you from having to scrub the pan
- 6 menu options for a variety of dishes
Cuckoo CR-0351F Electric Heating Rice Cooker (Red) – Pros and Cons
|Intelligent cooking algorithm and fuzzy logic – cook without overcooking or burning your rice||Complaints about its durability with parts wearing after a few months|
|Turbo cook feature helps you to cook your meal quickly (perfect for busy evenings)|
|Nonstick coating- easy to clean and won’t leave residue on the pan after washing it|
|6 menu options that provide variety in terms of what dishes can be cooked|
People Also Ask
How Many People Can A 3 Cup Rice Cooker Feed?
A 3 cup rice cooker can typically cook enough food for up to 3 people. It is perfect for a single-family and can easily cook enough food for up to 3 adults. This will depend on the serving size and appetite of each person.
How Much Rice Should You Use For 3 Cups Of Water?
The accepted ratio is 1 cup water to 1 cup dry rice.
If your rice cooker can hold that much water, you will need to add 3 cups of water to 3 cups of rice. The rice-to-water ratio can be tricky because different rice cookers cook at different speeds.
Is A 3 Cup Rice Cooker Enough?
The 3-cup rice cookers are typically enough for a family of two, although some may provide enough rice for up to 3 people. This will depend on the serving size and appetite of each person.
All of these top choice 3-cup rice cookers offer their own unique features. It depends on your personal preferences and needs when choosing one. For example, if you want a cooker with fuzzy logic to ensure better cooking results, then go for the Zojirushi Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked).
Or, if you just simply want a rice cooker that can cook well but without all the extra features and fuss, then go for the Aroma Housewares 3-Cup.
No matter which rice cooker you choose, it will serve its purpose and cook your favorite dishes with ease. I use my 3-cup rice cooker to make a variety of different dishes and I love it!