- Nishiki Premium Grade Sushi Rice: Nishiki is a popular brand of sushi rice that is widely available in many parts of the world. Their Premium Grade Sushi Rice is made with Calrose rice, which is a medium-grain variety of rice that is commonly used for sushi rice in the United States. Calrose rice is known for its slightly sticky texture and neutral flavor, which makes it a good choice for sushi rice that will be paired with a variety of other ingredients.
- Tamaki Gold Rice: Tamaki Gold is another popular brand of sushi rice that is known for its high quality and consistency. Their sushi rice is made with California medium grain rice, which is similar to Calrose rice but may have slightly different characteristics depending on the specific strain or variety used. Tamaki Gold rice is known for its soft, fluffy texture and slightly sweet flavor, which makes it a great choice for sushi rice that will be paired with bold or savory flavors.
- Kokuho Rose Rice: Kokuho Rose is a brand of sushi rice that is made with Calrose rice, just like Nishiki. However, Kokuho Rose rice is known for its distinctive pink color, which comes from a natural pigment in the rice grain. This rice is also known for its slightly sweet flavor and soft, sticky texture, which makes it a great choice for sushi rolls and other dishes that require a more substantial rice base.
- Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice: Tamanishiki is a brand of sushi rice that is known for its high quality and premium ingredients. Their Super Premium Short Grain Rice is made with a blend of Calrose rice, Koshihikari rice, Yumegokochi rice, and Mochigome rice. These different varieties of rice are blended together to create a sushi rice that has a slightly nutty flavor, a soft, sticky texture, and a pleasant aroma. This rice is often used by sushi chefs and other professionals who require the best possible ingredients for their dishes.
- Botan Calrose Rice: Botan is a brand of sushi rice that is made with Calrose rice, like Nishiki and Kokuho Rose. However, Botan rice is known for its consistent quality and affordable price point. This rice is a good choice for home cooks who want to make sushi or other Japanese dishes but don’t want to spend a lot of money on premium ingredients. Botan rice has a slightly sticky texture and a neutral flavor, which makes it a good all-purpose rice for many different types of Japanese cuisine.